Followers

Monday 4 June 2012

If I Had A Hammer


Hi Everyone 
Well Its challenge time again at  Art With No Boundaries   This Fortnight our main Challenge is Anything Goes and our Bonus Round is Heavy Metal, and is a tribute to the Handy Men in our lives.  I have used SolitaireHeavyMetal, Metal phrase, Vision and the mini nuts and bolts background all from the Steampunk Collection at CS Designs. I have also used the striped scalloped square frame from CS Designs as well.
OK! Here is what I did. I printed solitaire onto white card and coloured part of her face with promarkers, I then printed three copies onto acetate I glued gold, copper and silver leaf to the back of the acetate and cut each one out.I then paper pieced them to give me the above effect.the frame was metal leafed as well as the metal phrase. The background I left black and white. I added nails and a  chain. I am going to give this card to my dad for fathers day. Please check out the DT's designs they are stunning and join in at Art With No Boundaries  
I will be entering this card into the following challenges http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Father's day or a Special guy http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes
http://herecometheboysblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/   Anything goes
 

   

18 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Paula.I really like the shine and texture from the leafing and the image is beautiful. Great call to pair it up with the striped scalloped square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS card!!!
    Saw you on MIM!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The acetate copies with leafing are amazing! What a cool technique. Love the frame behind her. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe this is a card, it's stunning. Very worthy of framing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work of art! I love it. I saw your card on Make it Monday.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Paula, really creative with the acetate and the metal! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous piece, Paula! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Simply Beautiful work!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeeek...I LOVE IT!! I've never seen actual nails on a card...excellent idea. Your dad will love his gift from you. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Stunning! Very clever using the gold and silver leaf on the acetate. Your hard work and fussy cutting has paid off because your final piece is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work, really catches your eye, thanks so much for joining us at here come the boys,Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a fab card! The effect of the metallic is really lovely!

    Thanks a lot for taking the time to visit my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Card is so cool! I just love the steampunk style :)

    Have a nice day!

    hugs Therese

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paula, I Love it!!
    What an excellent idea to use leafing!
    There is so much detail! Great!!!
    Thanks for sharing a technique! I love using acetate!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated it makes me smile when I receive them. Thank you and Happy Crafting